In 2009, I began working in the MSD of Wayne Township as an middle school English teacher at Chapel Hill 7th/8th grade Center. I worked there for five years. During that time, I learned how to use WordPress and had a district classroom blog and my class had its own YouTube channel. When I left, all of the work and resources stayed behind. That’s why I decided to launch this website. I wanted a place to share my education views and a place to house resources I use. It has been a long work in progress because I have another website Gardener Shicole which highlights my urban gardening journey. This year, I put more time towards Educator Barnes. I thank those of you who have supported my efforts. Below, I have included the six most read blog posts on my website.
- Monday Musing: Stop Romanticizing Thanksgiving
- Monday Musings: November Reflections – My Month in Review at Indy/Ed
- I am black enough
- Monday Musings: October Reflections – My Month in Review at Indy/Ed
- Should I stay or should I go?
- Fostering a Love of Reading in Your Child